Whatever stage in life you are at, some days you just find yourself on the go all the time and not being able to take a second out to look after yourself.
While food shopping yesterday I was well aware that today I would have to face the stresses of university essay writing, so I decided to make sure I bought some food that would be healthy, delicious and simple.
It’s a good job I did, because from sitting down to write my essay at midday, before I knew it the clock was striking 6pm. No wonder I was starting to slack, my body needed some food and energy to boost me back up!
So I bought a Oriental Vegetable Stir Fry pot, Rice Noodles and some Sweet Chilli Stir Fry Sauce, all from Sainsbury’s £3 stir fry deal. Because I live by myself, and unless either my boyfriend, friends or family pop round I normally just end up cooking for me, therefore I only used half of all these and popped the rest back in the fridge sealed up tightly to have tomorrow.
I bet you’re thinking that’s hardly exciting, but until they start doing more one person friendly packets of things that don’t freeze well, I don’t have much choice!
1. Heat the oil or lemon juice in a frying pan or wok over a medium heat.
2. Add the vegetables to the pan, turning the heat to high, stirring frequently for three to four minutes.
3. Add the rice noodles. Keep stirring at this stage, the last thing you want is for them to stick!
4. After a couple of minutes add the sauce to the pan and turn the heat back down to medium. Make sure you stir the sauce in as well as you can to coat all the vegetables and noodles.
5. Continue stirring for approximately two to three minutes after adding the sauce.